Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Even's Story

He's not gay. He's not an alien. He's not... single. That's right. He has a girlfriend. And the worst kind at that- a long-distance one. I couldn't believe it when I first heard, or rather, overheard. He was on the phone with her, on the steps. It had to be his girlfriend. He was telling her to take leave in March when he's taking it so they could go together. Anyway, they'd hardly meet till then. Who else would he say all that to? Not to his mother. He doesn't have a sister, and that's not the tone you use with friends.

I really should have seen this coming. If I like a guy, he must have a girlfriend stashed away somewhere. If not, he'll get one. I might as well market this as a service and make some money of it. I just can't believe he's managed to hide it for so long. And why? I understand being private about your private life, I mean, who'd understand better? But to not even mention she exists?

From the sound of it, she stays in US and they're quite serious. How can you be seriously involved with someone who stays that far away? How can you pretend that that someone is noone to you? Am I making any sense? (It was a rhetorical question.) I don't know how I'd feel about my boyfriend pretending I don't exist. Especially if we're serious about each other. Or maybe he's not that serious about her and is just trapped in a bad relationship. But then why would he want to meet her? To break up? If he can wait that long for that, then he can't possibly be interested in anyone else right now (read "me").

I'm highly disgusted with myself. And his girlfriend. If you've hooked a guy, you stay with him. You don't dangle him like bait in front of other women, just to make them feel bad. It's just mean. Of course, this makes him even more desirable or less so. More if he's managed to ...er.. . stay faithful across the seas, less if he hasn't. Since i don't know which is true, I will assume the latter. It makes him look worse, which makes me feel better. How the mighty have fallen.

My life is forever riddled with drama. Not that I'm complaining... This can't be the end though. As they say, everything's alright in the end, and if it's not alright...

2 comments:

arpita said...

miss bridget jones!!!
:-)

A Pansy said...

there's a bridget jones in every single working woman, i think!