Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Even As We Wait...

Cooler December days are here and to make sure that we don't miss the winter because we're cooped up in office, the admin people have decided to turn the airconditioner way up. The unhappy result of this is that my cold is showing no signs of retreating, which might have something to do with a recent spell of gorging on icecream. Have to keep reminding myself it's not food.

Things with Even are at status quo, or at an even keel (I tried to resist saying that). I guess it doesn't matter where they are anyway. I don't think I'd be able to settle for anything less than I want in life, and love. And if I were to be with him, I would always be waiting fo the real thing to come along, and that's not fair to him. I know things will work out soon enough. Sadly, soon enough is never soon enough.

Have just heard the most farcical excuse for not releasing some work I've done- it's too good in the circumstances. Of all unacceptable things I've heard recently, this one tops the list. Other items include- you're nice, in a very wierd way; it's looking okay; and i think you've put on enough weight. Needless to say, it's been a good past few days. On a less sarcastic note, it has been a good past few days. Have been a happy hippo (oh, what the hell, who cares?).

The winter is making it harder than ever to not have someone to cosy up to when there's a chill in the air and a shiver runs up my spine. It's also becoming more difficult to remember the distance I must keep in some relationships (if they can be called so yet). I long for warmth in my life, the kind that comes with people who care about you too much to not overlook your faults. It would be so nice to have some friends around. Someone who would listen, understand and not judge. Am I being too demanding? Is being demanding so bad? How can it wreck your personal life?
To find out more, tune in to the next post by Dr. Phil, our life management expert.
:)

No comments: