Thursday, February 26, 2009

Working on my Friendship Skills...

...Amongst other things.

The past few days with Gary have been different. For one, we've been keeping our hands to ourselves. And he's not just being a great listener, but also an awesome friend. Thanks to him my job search has extended beyond postings on websites to actually speaking to people with vacancies on board. BTW, this is not a cheap trick to get people looking for jobs or recession-related posts onto my blog. I have genuinely been looking.

I had no idea Gary was such good friend material. Admittedly, he hadn't had a chance to prove his worth in the past given that his lips were always otherwise occupied when we were together. But this recent discovery has led me to wonder- does the road to friendship with a guy go through sex?

Once that was well out of the way, Gary and I had a chance to develop genuine affection and interest in each other. So is the way to make a good friend out of a guy to sleep with him? (I can almost here the men clicking away on this theory. Next thing I know, it'll be in Playboy and there'll be cheesy pick-up lines written about it. For eg. I think this could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship. Let's just get the sex part out of the way first.) Now I don't want to start some controversy but I really feel like I've stumbled upon something big here.

Will get back to you when I've done further research ;) Hey, before you judge, it's all for a good cause. A gal's caught to have some pals, after all. (I cannot believe I wrote that. I hope he kills me when he reads this.)

No comments: