Sunday, February 22, 2009

I Quit!

Yup! It's true... I'd had enough. Enough of the unrestrained c*&^% and cleavages, malicious rumours (the ones about me), unnecessary politics and oh yes, the work. For some reason, realising that a five-year old untrained in English could do my work was not motivating for me. Okay, I exaggerated- maybe not a five-year old. Ten-year old. It's amazing how much better I felt once I had said it. It was like a gigantic boulder the size of the-mess-my-life-had-become had lifted off my shoulders. I am suddenly breathing better, thinking clearer and radiating happiness from every crevice ;)

Gary seemed to think I was being rash but I told him that a smart person knows when the time is right to leave. Of course if I was really smart I would have quit eight months ago when the right time was actually there. But better late than never, right? Well, he may not have agreed with that but at least he's agreed to help me find another job. I may be doing the dumbest thing possible (looking for a job while people are barely holding on to theirs) but at least I have a good friend to count on. I looked a little worried (I am not entirely unaware of the global economic reality), so he said, "It may not be a good time but I can think of noone else who can make it better."

I love my friends.

2 comments:

arpita said...

Congratulations girl! :D

The reason u might not have a million comments on your blog is cause it does not permit anonymous comments!

change that,. trust me, they'd be pouring in!

A Pansy said...

holy fuck!!!thanks!