Thursday, September 20, 2007

The Forbidden Fruit and others

Well, all the hard work and long hours I've been putting in at office seem to be paying off. At a swanky meeting yesterday, got approval for something I've been working on for quite sometime. It felt awesome- unreal but nice :) The fruits of success are sweet and taste even better when eaten ripe. (I have no idea what that means- just felt like saying it. Maybe it means that success is better when it comes at the right time- which it did, in this case.)

Some fruits, however, still remain forbidden. And seem even sweeter. Perhaps, it's for the best but when has anyone ever been content trying to believe that. I still pine for the co-worker (who shall for convenience's sake and mine, be referred to as Even henceforth). Though I think I'm gradually reaching a place in my head where I can be patient about it. Let things take their own time, go with the flow. At least, until lunch.

Maybe, it's because i'm feeling terribly ill (cold, sore throat, fever). Am always fatalistically angelic when I'm ill, perhaps, in hope that immediate behaviour will ensure that past sins are overlooked in deciding my place in the Afterlife. Thus, the willingness to be patient and forgiving. And while away time while I have it...

No comments: