Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Updates

I was seeing this guy for a while. Before you balk at not being told about this sooner, consider how short our ...er... relationship must have been if it happened between my last post and this one. We've actually been friends for a while and were just trying this out, but I felt we were better off as friends so we're back to square one.
One evening, while we were still trying to find more in each other than there was, he came up to me with this sheepishly wretched or wretchedly sheepish expression on his face. I was sitting at the window and reading and when I looked up I gathered (with my Sherlockian deduction skills) that all was not well. "What?" I asked, getting to the point without any ado. "I've done something bad," he said in the most repentant voice I've ever heard out of his larynx. I tried to resist but the thought was too painfully funny- I burst out laughing. For a minute, he just stared at me, trying to detect if the laughter was hysterical (his deduction skills are sadly lacking). Then he ventured, a little irritatedly, "Why are you laughing?" And I managed to reply: "You always live up to my expectations!"
I think it took a few minutes for him to understand ( his deduction skills are not the only ones that are sadly lacking). And then he waxed between indignation and laughter. We were more together in that moment than we were before or after that. United by honesty and laughter.

No comments: